Governments across the Persian Gulf are becoming increasingly frustrated with Washington and are worried that the United States may fail to secure a settlement with Iran, The Washington Post reports, citing Arab and Western officials.

According to the newspaper, officials in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain are growing more irritated with the US administration as doubts deepen over President Donald Trump’s ability to reach a diplomatic agreement that could end the conflict with Tehran.

The concerns have become serious enough for some governments in the region to discuss whether the continued presence of major US military facilities on their territory remains justified.

One Gulf official told The Washington Post that dissatisfaction with Washington has reached its highest level since the United States and Israel began attacks on Iran on February 28, 2026.

A European official pointed to another development that could draw attention in the White House: Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Pakistan signed a defense agreement last week.

Despite the growing frustration, the United States remains a key security partner and arms supplier for the Persian Gulf states.

Washington and Tehran have also spent recent weeks trying, with mediation from Middle Eastern countries, to agree on the terms of a new deal that could bring the conflict to an end.

On August 9, Trump said negotiations with Iran were not proceeding at full intensity. He also said Tehran’s economic situation continued to deteriorate.